I have installed sql plugin and my query runs fine. (I'm using sql query macro) How do I integrate this with chart macro to make better reporting? My query contains test case results and I want them to create pie/bar chart using that to show overall results and pass/fail history.
Insert a SQL Query macro and make sure the output format is html. You should see a table with the results of your query. Then create a chart macro and put the SQL Query macro in the body of the chart macro. It will create the chart based on the table output from the SQL Query. Within the chart macro adjust the properties of it to make the chart display as a pie chart ... specifically it is the "Type" parameter of the chart macro.
You might want to look at the free Plugin PocketQuery. It has has the Google Chart API embedded and it's very easy to visualize data from a SQL database as chart. You can find detailed documentation here.
This is what your wiki page will look like.
Thanks a lot! This works. My SQL export has 6 columns, and last column is result (pass/fail). Rest of the columns describe testsuite and testcase id etc. How do I create a bar/pie chart indicating testsuite-wise results?
Could you post an example or mockup of your data? Or maybe even a screen cap of the table output or a mockup of the table output?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.