I'm having weird issues with Jira Issue macro not wanting to work when filtered with certain parameters...
This works fine to find any of our ten assignee's issues that were created or resolved for for last month:
assignee in (<assignee names go here>) AND (createdDate >= startOfMonth(-1) AND createdDate <= endOfMonth(-1) OR resolutiondate >= startOfMonth(-1) AND resolutiondate <= endOfMonth(-1))
This works fine for only 8 of 10 assignee's issues for the current month and if I include the other two specific users, I get the error "Data cannot be retrieved due to an unexpected error."
assignee in (<assignee names go here>) AND (createdDate >= startOfMonth(0) AND createdDate <= endOfMonth(0) OR resolutiondate >= startOfMonth(0) AND resolutiondate <= endOfMonth(0))
The code is essentially the same except for one looking for last month vs this month, so why would those functions not work when I look for issues from this month for 2 specific assignees out of 10 of our staff.
When editing the macro's filter, you see the results, regardless of whether looking for this month or last month. Close the macro editor, save the page, BOOM... error for those same two users issues from this month!
Things I have tried:
- I tried not using the 0 in each date function. Results can be queried for that way but I still get the error for those two.
- Separate macro sections for each of our ten assignees that filter for issues this month. Only 8 work and the same two show the error. All ten work when filtering issues for last month.
- The "View these issues in Jira" link works. Brings me to Jira issue viewer with all the data I'd expect to see in my Confluence page. Jira issue viewer works for everybody, including those that cause and error on the Confluence page.
- Tried doing it the other way around... created a filter I wanted in Jira with the fields I wanted in the order I wanted them. With data for current month. Whether I saved the filter, or copied it or whatever, I could bring it into a Confluence page being edited and it would be added as a new Jira Issue Macro. HOWEVER... when I'd save the confluence page and open it the records shown were for the right time frame (this month) but not with the fields or field order I'd selected in the Jira viewer. So...
- I edit the "imported" Jira Issue Macro in the Confluence page for just the fields I want, and it breaks again.
My team is looking at this thing and the two that keep causing errors are wondering why they're being singled out (and only when looking at issues for this month, not last month). Anyone got any ideas?