This prohibits me from adding stories to my backlog. Please help!
Check who has "browse project" in the project permissions. You'll find that you've granted yourself "create", but not "browse".
Also check the project's security scheme, if it has one.
Hi Nic,
Browse Projects (Ability to browse projects and the issues within them) is Project Role (Users)
Hi Saru,
please, could you check your board filter (Board->Configure->Filters) ? Are you sure that your issue matches your board filter?
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Ok, so
Best of all, could you try adding yourself to the role explicitly?
I'd also look carefully at who has Create Issue in the permission scheme - is that the same as the browse settings?
Indeed.
The filter is:
project = ENCORE AND issuetype in (Bug, Epic, Improvement, "New Feature", Story, Task, Sub-task, "Technical task") AND status in ("In Progress", "In Review", "To Do") ORDER BY Rank ASC
And when I click on the "Edit Filter query" link, I can see all the valid Jiras. The fact is that these Jiras are my backlogs
Thanks for your assistance and look forward to hearing back from you.
COuld you check this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Your+issue+XXX+has+been+created+but+is+not+currently+visible+on+the+Rapid+Board?
Regards,
Hi Fabio,
That link was really helpful. When I create a new project (test) and then create a new board (test), I can see success i.e. the new story jiras created on test project lands on the new test backlog. Great!
So, I modified the query to add project in (test, Engineering) AND ..... and it worked like a charm.
But don't have the sucess on the existing board using Engineering project. You're for sure earning some good Karmas. What do you think the problem could be?
Thanks,
T.Saru
I get this same issue after migrating to a new Workflow. Now all of the backlog and issues in all of my sprints have disappeared in "Backlog" and everything that I create gives me a toast saying that it is not visible. I am able to see all issues under "Issues" but everything under status "Open" is not visible.
The answers don't seem to work. Board -> Configure -> Filters does not exist and I've checked that I have the permission to browse my projects.
It comes back to the same thing. Look at the board's filter to see what it should be showing you. Be clear about where you are seeing things - a JIRA filter (JQL) will show you what you ask for, but boards, reports and summaries can be doing more proecessing that you need to take into account.
The simple answer though - "Your issue has been created but is not currently visible" means what it says. You have just created an issue that does not match the rules for what you have chosen to see on your board.
Thanks I looked into filters and JQL but neither seemed to work. It turns out that this can be fixed by mapping unmapped status to columns in board settings. This is found by going to: Boards -> View all boards -> Board settings (on the appropriate board) -> Columns -> and then dragging any new statuses that have been created in your workflow to the correct column ("To Do", "In Progress" or "Done).
Very convoluted and confusing but it does work to fix the issue and must be done every a new status (via Workflow) is applied to a board.
Yes, adjust the rules on what you see on your board.
Faced the same issue. What resolved it in my case was to map "Open issues" type into one of the columns (Board -> Configure -> Columns)
I tried all the above but it didn't work.
Finally went to "Issue Security Scheme" (Project Settings > Issue Security > Actions > Edit Issue Security > Add (in the Actions column))
and click on Save.
This must also be checked.
Why can't things be straight forward ???
Check the available statuses associated to this project and check the board settings. If any of the statuses found unmapped, then map the items to any of the mapped statuses. Refresh the backlog now and proceed.
Perfect ! Thanks.
Hello All,
After creating workflow or making chnages to workflow and reflecting it in the other dashboard / kanban board.
Eventually i created a issue / task in Jira and assigned it to me but it was not getting displayed under the sprints / User Stories or in Backlog.
I was also facing issue with Issues getting created but not getting visible on board "Your issue ODS-21 has been created but is not currently visible."
I have got few details of the resolution as below:
1. Go to Backlog Board - >Board settings -> Columns.
I saw only 3 columns as TODO | IN PROGRESS | COMPLETE
On the right side of the screen under Unmapped Status , I could see the additional columns that i created for workflow / kanban board.
All what we need to do here is map the unmapped status columns to your board and the problem of "Your issue ODS-21 has been created but is not currently visible." should get resolved.
Straight to the point answer. Thank you.
How i solved this was;1. Check the project workflow: (Project Settings - >Workflow) This basically dictates what tickets show on the board and in the backlog.2. Change the status of the newly created ticket not visible in the backlog or board to match any of the workflow status.
It worked. Thank you!
Thank you for this Girish. This actually worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.