It is necessary to give the opportunity to create a private channel from jira to slack, now a user can create only a public channel from jira to slack, but in slack we prohibited users from creating public channels for security reasons
Hi @Alex ,
It is possible to send notifications to a private channel at the moment.The one setting up the integration however needs to be a part of the channel.This issue is due to how Slacks API works and any issues with how that works is something you have to send to Slack Activated Slack Integrations to Private Channels carry a padlock before it.Example:
I understand correctly, I cannot create a private channel from jira, only a public one?
@Alex I'm not sure what you mean here Do you have some steps to reproduce?
@Robert Levelind Tab + Create new channel, creates only a public channel in slack, I would like to be able to create a private channel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.