I am conducting a project in which i need to update a lot of pages in a lot of Confluence spaces. My problem is that I´m spaming the small edits to all people who is mentioned with a "@ on the page. Regardless of wheter the box notify watchers" is unchecked. Is there a solution where i can edit without spaming emails?
Thank you in advanced!
Sasha Ratner
Hi @[deleted],
@mentions are indeed different from watchers, so that won't help. Sadly there is no such functionality as not-notifying @mention
What you could do however as a workaround (but you need the necessary rights for this) is to take away visibility to the page you want to edit from the mentioned users. AKA set reading rights to that page only to you, do your edits, save and then put the previous access rights back.
This should de-activate notifications to the users at the time of saving.
Hope this can help you with your spamming problems!
- Tessa
Hello Sasha, there is no way to configure this at space/page leve yet. Here is a open feature request with Atlassian CONFSERVER-25479 , please upvote and watch the issue for updates.You can also consider this plugin No Email Storm which would block email notifications sent to the mentioned users.
Thanks! I dont have all the rights to do that but I will speak with my Superiors.
Thanks! I will read more about the plugin and try it out!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.