How do I generate a new license key when I change selfhost servers. ie. when the
server id changes.
Hi Jason,
A new license isn't required when the server ID changes. What about migrating between servers is prompting you to investigate where to get a new license? Cheers!
Hi Joshua,
Thank you for the help with this!
I'm not at the point where I'm ready to migrate. I recall when I requested the product license key from the license manager page, that it asked me for my server ID first. I'm new to Atlassian products so I wasn't completely sure why or what they would need the server ID for, or how providing it would affect the validity of the key.
Oh looks like I just found this in the sidebar.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Changing-Server-ID-on-Atlassian-Licences/qaq-p/1363786
Welcome! You will need the license on-hand to place after the migration, but you will not need a new license unless your current one is expired and you require support from Atlassian or would like to upgrade. Cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.