I'm trying to update Git on Windows and get the warning
Upgrade Git on Windows - Wish Application (PID 6388, closing is required)
but have no idea how to close it. It's not listed in Task Manager.
I found the Wish Application under the Users tab in Task Manager and ended it there.
Hi @CarlBateman,
Two options for finding out what that is (when using either option I recommend opening it as administrator to ensure you have access to view system processes as well)
1) Open a command Prompt and type 'tasklist' this "should" display a list of all running processes and their associated PIDs
2) Open a PowerShell window and run "Get-Process" this should so the same thing but for me appears to be more verbose. You can also pass the -Id parameter to search for a specific process by ID (i.e. 'Get-Process -Id 6388')which might be helpful in your particular situation.
I hope that helps you figure out what process is blocking the upgrade.
-Jimmy
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to fix it in the end (see elsewhere), but was too busy to post the fix.
I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.
it works on my end, Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.