Hi there,
This question has probably been asked many times, however is there a plugin available that will allow you to export all comments to CSV, AND allow you to import comments as well?
Thanks,Michael.
It's not that simple.
Every time this comes up, we end up with the question "what do you want to export" and never get a straight answer.
Do you want all the comments as columns? Rows? Do you want the author and date/time as plain text in the cell the comment goes into? Or cells on their own? If you've got 10 comments, that's 30 fields on one issue, what's the structure of the export?
On the import side, this is a very unusual question because it's actually a lot easier! Most of us would expect the import to be harder, but all you need to do is stick with "one line per issue", put all the comments to import in their own columns, and then tell JIRA that each comment column is the comments field.
Thank you for your prompt response Nic. I would think that the way comments are exported are the way in which they are imported. One comment per line, and each field would represent the metadata of each comment (i.e. issue, comment #, submitter, time, date, etc). Is the importing native to JIRA (i.e. no plugins?) I'm sure you've gathered by now that I'm a JIRA rookie.
But that breaks the output of "one line per issue" which is what most people need on export. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying it's wrong in any sense. It's a perfectly valid format, very useful in some cases, and it's nice to actually get a good answer to "what do you want to export". But it's one format amongst a myriad of possibilities, and no, it's not been coded for.
Bugger! That would be a nice feature! I was thinking the one line per comment export format, as I'm not looking to have the comments extracted with the issues, I'm looking for a simple way to export all comments and then import them to a new project. Oh well - I appreciate your time and your answers. Thank you!
Jepp. Nfc appen kan du visst gjøre mye rart med har jeg hørt 🤔
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.