I am new to Bitbucket. Being a Subversion expert is not helping me at all. Something as basic as commiting changes is not intuitive for me.
I have made changes to 2 existing files and added one new file - 3 total.
According to manual "commit" is actually a concept done in two steps. First commit, then push.
I did a commit -m "message" as shown.
I get a confusing dialog back with two sections that implies commit is not commit but ok.
Changes to be committed:
(use "git restore --staged <file>..." to unstage)
Changes not staged for commit:
(use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
So my new file is is in the first section and the 2 files I changed are in the second section.
Problem, when I do a push only the new file is sent to the repository. The changed files are not being committed.
The help file says try a commit -a but this opens up a window editor for which I cannot find any help on.
I'm just looking for a method to use consistently that "commits" changes. To me changes has always meant new and modified files. I do not want to treat them differently but do not know the proper steps.