I have a test which calculates the norm of an array using numpy's `np.linalg.norm` to calculate the norm of an array and then compares it to an expected value. In my local machine the expected value is 237117.7713446387 and the test passes. However when I push it to the pipeline the calculated value is 237117.77134463872 which makes the test fail.
This definitely looks like a floating point precision problem, I checked the python and numpy versions in the pipeline and on my local machine and I believe they are the same. I really need to have exact values being compared and not use approximations with a tolerance...
I also saw that it is possible to debug pipelines locally using Docker, but this is problematic since I frequently use figures generated on the fly by matplotlib to inspect results. This is very difficult to do from within Docker as outlined by my question on SE
What is a good way to solve or circumvent this problem? I have had bad experiences in the past using approximations in my tests as slight regressions sometimes will not be caught. A test can appear to succeed when in fact it is failing.