I have decided to upgrade my old 7.1.0 instance to fresh 7.4.0.
I followed the upgrade guide. When I stared the installer (linux shell), :
--------------------------------
sudo ./atlassian-bitbucket-7.4.0-x64.bin
Starting Installer ...
Bitbucket 7.4.0 installation wizard
Would you like to install or upgrade an instance?
Install a new instance [1, Enter], Upgrade an existing instance [2]
2
Upgrade Bitbucket 7.4.0
What type of instance are you looking to upgrade?
Upgrade an existing Server instance [1, Enter], Upgrade an existing Data Center instance [2], Upgrade an existing Smart Mirroring instance [3]
1
Where should Bitbucket be installed?
Select the folder where you would like Bitbucket 7.4.0 to be installed, then
click Next.
[/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/7.4.0]
/app/bitbucket
The target installation directory is not empty.
Where should Bitbucket be installed?
Select the folder where you would like Bitbucket 7.4.0 to be installed, then
click Next.
[/app/bitbucket]
----------------------------------------
The upgrade script stucked here and constantly returning to this question even if I have chosen the upgrade option at start.... The upgrade guide mentioned that I have to locate the old installation home, but how to upgrade if the installer claims that the old directory (what I want to upgrade) is not empty?