I have 2 custom fields A and B.
Both are single select list with values 1 to 10.
how to store the multiplication of two custom field values into new custom field i,e in c.
C = A * B.
you would need an addon, e.g. Scriptrunner, Power Scripts, Automation for Jira, etc. I use A4J but I'm on cloud and it is built in there (free).
Jira Misc Custom Fields has a calculated custom field as well.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/27136/jira-misc-custom-fields-jmcf?hosting=server&tab=overview
https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMCF/pages/141892330/Calculated+Scripted+Number+custom+field+type
Hi @Jack Brickey can you please point me to the link where I can find the free built in A4J on cloud ? I have a similar requirement to store the multiplication of three custom field values into new custom field. I tried as shown in the screenshot but not successful so far. Thanks in advance!
I’m a bit confused on your request. From the screenshot it appears you have already found automation. Maybe you are looking for the documentation to assist you? If so here is a link - smart-values-math-expressions
I have found that you need to refer to the custom fields directly by their numerical values, not through the names of the fields (human-readable names I mean). Here's an example for some date fields I was manipulating:
{{issue.customfield_12527.diff(issue.customfield_12526).abs.hours}}
yes that is absolutely true. you can find that detail by going to the custom fields page under admin > issues > custom fields and selecting the field and inspecting the URL. That is one way but there are others, e.g. JQL.
Thanks for the response and link. I am aware of the link you provided. The screenshot is what I set myself not what I already found. I am still not able to store the multiplication of three custom field values into new custom field which is why I am reaching out to you, if you can help me find the free built in A4J on cloud for my requirement.
Do I need to have the paid Jira version to be able to create Calculated Number Fields?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.