I have run into a strange issue that I cannot explain. We have multiple bamboo servers connected to our jira instance and for all but one I can add the bamboo plans gadget to a dashboard and see the plans as expected. For one server I add the gadget it thinks for 10-15 seconds and then stops with a blank gadget. I do not even get the option to configure the gadget to choose what plan to display. The gadgets broke for this server in both Jira and Confluence.
Environmnent: Jira 5.2.6, Confluence 5.1.5, Bamboo 4.3.4
Plans: 1900+
Builds: Over 600,000
I have tried the following to address the issue.
Removed the gadget subscription for the server and removed the application link and recreated the application link and re-registered the gadgets from the server again.
Verified that the time on both servers are in sync using ntp.
Turned on verbose logging to see if there are any indications of timeout issues. Did not see anything obvious.
Copied the rest call the gadget makes into a browser to see if it returns all the data. It does but takes quite a while to return (30 seconds)
Talking to our build team they have added a significant number of plans to this server srtarting Monday and I am beginning to suspect that we have hit some sort of timeout for the gadget to receive a response or we have passed some magic number for the number of plans that the gadget will allow to be returned. Any other debugging ideas would be appreciated as I have run out of ideas.
Thanks in advance