Hi there,
I'm using Confluence Server on my own VPS for a couple of days now. The installation went fine and I already use it for my projects.
However, Confluence still complains about an error in the Tomcat configuration (translated from German):
Error in Tomcat configuration
The Tomcat server.xml file conatins a wrong configuration:
scheme: should be 'https'
proxyName: should be ...
proxyPort should be 443
I'm using Confluence on my VPS with Linux (Debian) using Nginx as a reverse proxy. The SSL certificate is provided via Plesk through which I created a subdomain. I also configured Nginx through Plesk with the following:
location / {
proxy_pass http://localhost:8900/;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection upgrade;
proxy_set_header Accept-Encoding gzip;
}
I can use Confluence as expected over HTTPS except that annoying warning message.
The baseURL is set to https://subdomain.domain.tld.
In my conf/server.xml I uncommented the section for Nginx over HTTPS but still get the warning. No matter what I adjust in the server.xml file. Nothing changes. Before I uncommented the the HTTPS section no connector was configured in the server.xml.
This is why I'm wondering whether there is another file that is used instead of the one in <Installation_DIR>/conf/.
What is it I'm missing. I would expect that changes to the server.xml would either heal the symptoms or ruin the setup completely.
Thanks so much in advance for the advice.
Marco