We have JIRA tied to our helpdesk system, whenever a helpdesk ticket is deemed to difficult or not the right fit for the helpdesk they xfer it to JIRA where one of our Project Managers is watching the "Helpdesk" jira project. Based on the issue this PM will then re assign the issue to the correct "project" At this time they will also assign the issue to the correct PM for that business area and also set two other custom fields we use called Business Area and Project Name.
We have 4 PM's each of which are in charge of one of 4 business areas. I am wondering if there is a better way to transfer issues from the helpdesk project to the correct PM and auto set the other fields based on the PM we are assinging to. Right now the moving and reassigning process takes too many steps for my liking.
Here is my vision: I am monitoring the helpdesk project and I see an incoming JIRA that I know belongs to Sam. I choose the Sam "template" and the JIRA will automagically get assigned to Sam, it will be moved to Sam's project and the Projec name and Business area fields will also be set to the fields I setup for this Sam template. I would setup 4 of these templates, one for each PM we have.
Thanks,
Trent