Hi,
I have an installation of JIRA 6.3.15, connected to a Crowd 2.8.0. Crowd has 3 directories associated with the "jira" app. The fist one is a local directory that has all permissions allowed for jira. The other 2 directories have the "add user" permission disabled for jira.
JIRA is configured as "public", yet when a user goes to the main page there is no public sign-up link available. Instead, the following message is displayed "Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA administrators."
Why isn't public sign-up allowed, even though it's enabled in the General Configuration?
I restarted JIRA, Crowd, etc. but still no luck.
Also, if I click the link "Can't access your account?", I get a 500 error. The JIRA log file shows the following exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: User login details can not be reset for this JIRA site.
What's wrong, and how do we fix this?
Thanks,
Boris