When i type in git clone https://username@bitbucket.org/workspace-name/repo-name.git it says "Password for 'https://username@bitbucket.org'", but i don't know what that password would be. When i use ssh, it says 'Would you like to continue connecting (yes/no) but then it says "username@bitbucket.org:
Permission denied (publickey).fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rightsand the repository exists."
@Isaac Van Arnem if you login to your account using Google, you can create an App Password to authenticate with git operations. Here is the official documentation: https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/app-passwords/
I am sorry, but we cannot tell you a lot more than "you should use the password for username@place". If you don't know what that is, then you'll need to reset it or talk to the administrators of the the repository.
I don't know what the password is, I own and just created the repo. I am currently the only one with access to it.
Ok, this goes back to what security you set up when you created the repo. You'll need to use the data you set it up with (or use those to log in and create more accounts)
So if I just logged in with Google, would I need to set something else up?
You need to set up an App password.https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/create-an-app-password/
Worked for me, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.