I need to subtract Created from Resolved to find Jira resolution lifetime in JQL. How can I do that? Also, is there a way to track life time of a particular Jira.
You can't do this in JQL. A solution might be to create a calculated field which stores the difference between the two dates and use JQL to search based on the calculated field.
You can either create the calculate field using a plugin or use some scripted fields like the one from Scriptrunner plugin: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Scripted+Fields.
If you are just looking for information about the time in each status for issues, JIRA Suite Utilities will give you a new Transition tab in JIRA.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities
https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Issue+Transitions+Tab
Thanks guys. I am not Jira admin, and per my understanding what you are proposing requires admin access. I was really hoping i can do this with JQL.
Export to Excel and do the calculation in Excel. That's your last option - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Exporting+Search+Results+to+Microsoft+Excel
That's what we are doing now, and I would rather have a dashboard - will save me tons of grief and most importantly engineering time.
Thanks renjith!
Not possible to talk to your admin and get these plugins installed? You can also do it outside of JIRA if you are okay with REST APIs to retrieve the JIRA issues and do the calculation in a simple script and generate a csv with the values (or just print on the screen).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.