[Confluence Version 7.1.0]
I am having a constant issue while upgrading Confluence On-Premise Server, the update will complete fine but the initial login page will not load via HTTPS.
HTTP access is fine after the update and can login etc.
I have tried at least 3 times to perform the upgrade to the confluence server and have had to roll back 3 times due to HTTPS issues and the login screen timing out.
I have tried upgrading to Confluence version 7.3.5 and 7.5.0 and each time the HTTPS access times out.
I had a look in the confluence logs and got a hint as what the issue may be.
It seems like there is a timeout for a REST resource "/rest/gadgets/1.0/g/messagebundle/und/gadget.common%2Cgadget.activity.stream”.
The log gives a hint with this line:
2020-06-10 04:59:49,680 WARN [StartEventPublisher:thread-1] [impl.util.tomcat.DefaultTomcatConfigHelper] getHttpConnector Expected exactly one HTTP connector in Tomcat configuration, but found [Standalone:type=Connector,port=8443, Standalone:type=Connector,port=8091]
As far as i understands Confluence wants to call the REST resource without SSL, but is redirected to the HTTPS-Url and therefore is not able to perform the request.
Below is the proxy config from the server.xml file.
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<Connector port="8091" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"/>
<Connector port="8443" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLSv1.2" sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2" SSLEnabled="true"
URIEncoding="UTF-8" keystorePass="1234567890" keystoreFile="C:\Users\admin\confluence.jks"/>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.