Hi,
Howto copy certan text from description to custom field during issue creation. Is there and post function available doing this. I need to fetch e-mail address from issue description and set this to custom field.
Thanks!
BR,
Aivo
You can always use the (groovy) script runner: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner
There's an example of this here: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions#PostFunctions-Copyonefieldtoanotherusingregexp
I believe this could help out: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions
Not exactly. I need to find/match a substring in description and copy that to custom filed, not whole description.
Please try out one of the post functions of this plugin https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/29496
I have locked at it, but I didn't find suitable functionality there. Could you please be more specific which function are you erfering to, that could I use to find and copy part of description to my custom field.
I just edited this answer to include the link, in case of any confusion.
The relevant post function is "Copy parsed text to a selected custom field"
This lets you compose the new content from existing system and custom fields. There is a help on the screen which placeholder you have to use for which field.
Haha, nice. I was just re-reading this and couldn't remeber putting in the example. thanks.
I am trying to copy the content of the Comments field into my own customfield - Comments1
Can you plesae tell me what is the javascript code for doing this?
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43797/adding-a-value-from-a-customfield-to-the-description
Look to this topic, there is an example.
And you can look to this too, it's becoming my bible right now:
https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts?focusedCommentId=68452750&#comment-68452750
Thanks Ramiro, I looked at the links but I'm not any wiser
can you please tell me if what I want can be done in Javascript and if yes what is the code?
btw, as I'm using Ondemand I cannot use/install plugins
Sorry, but I only know the code you should use in the script runner plugin.
You should create another question, because it is another topic.
Hi! Does it really work?
Has anyone tried to realize it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.