One of the ways we're using Jira Service Desk is to keep track of hard drives that we copy client data on and send out. For the most part it works great, each blank hard drive is an issue and we can see where each of them are (in storage, copying, shipped). What I want to know is if there's a way to get Jira to send an email to our purchaser when the total number of drives (issues) that are in storage is less than a certain threshhold. (Yes, whoever is physically plugging in drives can do this but let's face it people get busy and forget. Jira, once properly configured, will always remember)
After searching documentation and the community, I'm pretty sure that this can't be done out of the box. I know that cloud has a gadget that will alert you, but 1) we're moving to server and the File Counts gadget doesn't exist in server and 2) a gadget on the dashboard requires me to check it constantly and then email the purchaser myself.
I can also see myself using something like this to alert me if one of our agents is assigning themselves to more tickets than they should handle (ie send me an alert if an agent has more than 10 open tickets).
I'm willing to look at 3rd party apps and I have started to, but honestly there's a lot out there in the marketplace and I'm not exactly sure what kind of app I'm looking for (Reporting? Notification?) Any help would be much appreciated.