I would like to have the Summary and the Component/s fields in an issue to auto-populate when the issue is created.
Is this possible and how?
Thank you,
Jackie
@IT Support - Jackie, this is possible.
On a given request form, you can:
Let me know if this makes sense, and if that helps!
For each of the fields you can set an auto populate value , so that once you create an new issue it will auto populate the default values.
So my next questions are:
1. If I as part of the Service Desk team (Ops) create an issue instead of Raise a request how do I auto-populate the Summary and Components fields?
2. And in the Request types can I set some of the Request so that only Ops can see and use them?
@IT Support - I suggest starting separate threads for new questions. But while you've got our attention...
Hope this helps!
Hi Dave,
Can you give the instructions on how to set the value for the Summary Field?
@Tonia Sylvan - hi Tonia! Edit the Request Form where you want to set a default value for the Summary field.
Hide the "Summary" field. Jira will prompt you to set what Summary should be set to when an issue is created.
Note:
p.s. If you have more question, use the "Ask the community" link in the header and create a question! This current question (originally submitted by "IT Support") is already marked as solved, and not all answerers might be watching already-answered questions. 😊
Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.