Dear all
We have some obsolete issue types. Most of the project has many such issues.
Would like to archive these. But, should be able to retrieve when required.
Have any idea ?
Fyi, I use Jira 5.1.3.
Cheers, Vishnu.
I think a good option will be to move all such issues to a new project and remove all permissions to the project. You can then take a backup, keep it for restoring later and maybe delete the project.
My suggestion is to keep it offline without permissions but if the performance is a worry, then delete it.
You may add "always failed" validator on create workflow action. E.g. create fake Role and add validator: "User in project role". It's deny to create new issues of obsolete issue types.
Common archive, as i know, not implemented
Hi Maxim,
I already have blocked these issue creation.
My requirement is to hide all such issues and retrieve when required.
Hope I am clear now.
Thanks, Vishnu,
You can try introduce security level for e.g. fake role or group and use bulk change to apply new level to all obsolete issues(you must assign this role to you account, after finish - remove your user from this role). If you need to see this issues, you just assign this role/group. Not beauty, but must work
You can remove this issue type from the "Issue Type Scheme", and they will no longer be visible in the project. If you also archived/backed-up the whole project before you can still import them later into a new project when required.
removing issue type from scheme will migrate all old issues to other issue type
that is why you delete them all after creating the backup, then it is safe to remove without having them migrated.
I think this would work. Let me check and get back to you.
Thanks a lot.
Ah ok. Then security level seems a better idea.
Hi Jobin,
We have created projects for each clients. So, I can't move all these issues to a single project.
Regards, Vishnu.
You can disable creating new such issues by changing the workflow for the issue type to include a verification in the "Create Issue" transition that no users have, for example only allow yourself to create such issue types.
I already have done this.
There is currently no way of achieving this without jira default configuration.
Vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-16683 or https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-10507
But I do't think that this will satisfy you :-)
One messy solution:
You can hide the options of the select-list with custom css.
Finally I used your solution. Thanks a lot Jobin.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.