I just installed Jira Service Desk (Server). Now I want to create an administrator account. How do you do that?
You create an administrator as the first user when you run the installation.
If you're adding Service Desk to an existing Jira Core, then your administrators already exist (and it's one of them who are adding it)
Hi Gerhard,
You can follow the steps mentioned in page.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/getting-started-for-service-desk-admins-939926058.html
Thanks,
Vedika
Hi Vedika,
Thanks for your answer.
I read what you linked now several times but did not find a solution to my problem. The documentation says you are asked to create an administrator as step of the installation. But there is no mention of HOW TO. And I was not asked to enter account information for an admin.
I was NOT asked to create an admin account while installing. When I start after the installation I get a form to log in as a user. But I think I should create at least one user before I can do that. And that is my problem. How can I add a user when I have no admin.
Sorry, but that's incorrect. A user has to be created by the installation, it won't actually serve a login screen up unless you did create the initial user.
Anyway, as you've lost this account, please see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-972329273.html
That will get you a temporary admin session so you can reset the admin account or add a new one.
Hi Nic,
maybe I'm too tired now but I could not fix the problem even following the instructions in the link you provided. I will try again tomorrow.
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.