I need a groovy script that can extract server details from a field given in JIRA link. Please reply as early as possible. Thanks.
"A field given in a Jira link" does not make sense. "a jira link" could be anything, and even if we assume it's a link of some sort, you can't link to a field.
I am going to have to assume you mean that you have a Jira field that contains some form of link to a server, and that your question is about getting infrastructure related data from the server.
You can write scripts that will do this, assuming you are using ScriptRunner (most other scripting apps don't have the flexibility for this).
But we can't tell you anything about the script without you telling us what the servers are announcing about themselves, and, more importantly what method you're going to try to read them with.
Hello Nic.
Thanks for your answer. I need to write a groovy script based on below scenerio.
If Server Group A - a ,b ,c
then Build URLs for group A ( http links )
If Sever Group B - any server besides the one given in server group A
then Build URLs for group B ( http links )
Here the JIRA field details besides server and based on server value given in the field in JIRA i have to extract those details in my script.
I thought to use if.. else for my scenerio. But i need help like how to extract server details under that if..else.
I hope i am able to explain my query.
Correction : Here JIRA field ( Business Unit ) will have details besides server.
Please try to reply as early as possible. Thanks.
Hi Nic,
Could you please recheck my query.
Thanks..
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.