Hello,
One of our Jira Service Desks, intermittently is creating duplicate service requests from one email.
The email is sent only once, and only shows up in the audit log once, processed successfully. However, the email is creating 2 separate service requests created a few minutes apart.
I do not see anything in the audit log to indicate an issue, as the email processes just once.
We have an incoming mail handler POP/IMAP configured for the inbox, as well as the mail handler for the Jira project itself. We also use JEMH (version 3.1.4) to handle notifications.
I have read some places that the Jira system (POP/IMAP I'm guessing?) is not needed, and by removing it this issue can be resolved.
Is this correct?
If the system mail handler was removed, but the project one left-will all emails sent to the inbox still generate service requests tickets as configured?
Thank you!
Harry