Our 'customer' (in terms of Jira service desk) may be an internal employee who submits a ticket on behalf of a customer (our company's client).The internal employee that submitted the ticket may not be the same employee that will deal with the response to the client and it is unknown at the time of the ticket submission which employee will deal with the reply.Is there a way for all 'customers' (internal employees) to see all tickets submitted by all other employees?
I guess that you could e.g. sync the service desk project with another Jira project via Backbone app tied to one of the agents, but that's a quite big workaround.
Thanks. I've been looking into this further. According to this video the customer is able to view all requests from all other customers, unless I misunderstood. https://youtu.be/5qP-FT2C5qc?t=276
Hi Matthew,
Check the Customer Permissions under Project Settings for the Project. That will tell you which issues users can see.
Also, take a look at this former post:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Disable-people-overview/qaq-p/1409290?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_question&utm_content=topic
Thanks John. So if I understand correctly, all customers will be able to see all other customer requests if that is allowed in the permissions?
Best I can tell you is try it and see. :-)
I don't have a service desk plan yet but am trying to find out if it would meet our needs before taking the trial so we can get the most from it.
What I need to know is; do customers need to be logged in members of JIRA Service Desk in order to see and reply to all the other customer's requests?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.