I am attempting to write a query that results with issues where two date fields differ from each other (a little variance is fine). I'm not sure how to do it.
Rules:
- Due Date will be used by reporters of tickets for when they want work to be completed
- End date will be used by resource managers for planning work duration from Start date
- Sprints are used; there is a unique Sprint for each scrum team; no Sprint is longer than 14 days
- Start date will be used by resource managers scheduling when work should start
Problem:
- The only automation we have is Start date is populated by Create Date which regularly varies from when the actual work start date is/needs to be
Question:
- I am trying to write a query that tells me both
- A. When an End date differs from Due Date by more than a few days (5d)
- B. When a Start date is much earlier that the start of the current Sprint, ie. >= 14d
This is what I've tried so far: (Sprint in openSprints() AND "Start date" >= -14d) OR (duedate <= 14d AND duedate >= -7d AND "End date" <= 14d AND "End date" >= -7d)
The above query has not returned expected results.