I merged a few internal dev-only versions (like "fall-release") to their actual release version (like "5.0")... but I picked the wrong target version. I can't undo that operation in bulk. Now I have a couple hundred tickets mixed with about a thousand tickets in the incorrect target version.
I was able to rescue about a hundred of them by looking for tickets in the incorrect version last updated by me. But, I didn't notice my mistake for about week, so I'm not the "last updated by" person on every ticket. JIRA warns that I can't do a history search on the last updated by field (like "WAS IN").
I can't do a history search for the original internal version because it's no longer in the list. JIRA seems to destroy the merged version completely. There's no sense recreating it, because it gets a new internal ID or something, so it's not considered the "same" version.
I can search through the History tab on every ticket in the incorrect version looking for the record of my version change and correct it, but that's going to take ages.
I started looking through my Activity Stream, but that's taking forever given that the changes were a week ago. Is there a more efficient view of this activity?
Anyone have any other advice?