Hi,
When I get an email notification the 'To' field only shows my name. Even if this notification was sent to other users as well. How can I config Jira to show the names of all the people that recieved this email ?
Thanks,
Alon
JIRA sends out the notification messages to each email address separately. As such, I do not think you can configure JIRA to display within the email itself to which people this notification has been sent out. What is the reason behind wanting to add this information? Perhaps there is an alternative way to accomplish this.
The only answer I can find on this topic is you need to modify the source code. I did not see a vecolcity variable for all the recipients. The de-duping of email addresses is usually done by the mail service since it has the information about mail groups.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39886/how-to-send-mail-to-all-recipients-in-a-same-mail-on-jira-issue-create-update-comment
Thanks for your answer.
The reason is that when users receive the email they have no way of knowing who received the notification too. If all the recipients appears in the 'To' field then you can easily know to whom this notification was sent.
But you realize that this may be a very nasty thing ... some people will want to preserve privacy in some cases ... you have for instance two customers watching an issue, you do not want them to know each other.
For instance JJupin is able to send emails to multiple recipients, but we advertise caution in doing this ....
It *could* be nasty, but in our case we use JIRA only for internal development. We'll notify all of the team leads of new issues, but when people see themselves as the only one on the email, it makes them think it's assigned to them, rather than a distribution list.
I would also like to see this feature. At my company we use 'reply to all' for everything, and there are no privacy concerns. It would be very helpful to know who is receiving JIRA emails so that we don't have to wonder whether certain people are in the loop. We were able to see this with our previous systems (ClearQuest, RTC) but it is unavailable w/ Jira
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.