Is there a way to override default vm files in confluence.??
Hi Ben,
I think what you want is in this answers: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/5737/how-to-override-velocity-templates
If not, please, comment here and i will help you to find another solution
Thanks.
I did go to that page before i posted my question but the link on that page was not much help. I tried the code below bt that didnt work either.
<layout key=
"main"
name=
"Main Decorator"
class
=
"com.atlassian.confluence.themes.VelocityDecorator"
overrides=
"/decorators/main.vmd"
>
<resource type=
"velocity"
"decorator"
location=
"resource/myNewVelocity.vmd"
/>
</layout>
As a comment in that link says: "The only way to modify something like menu-macros.vm is to hijack the other vm file that is executing it, and have your hijacked version include your modified version of the vm file instead. And to hijack a vm file, you need to hijack the XWork Action that is pointing at that .vm file. And for that, you need the Conveyor Plugin." So you have to get that plugin, find the appropriate action and hijack it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.