Above
What do you mean by "a format I can parse?"
Do you want to execute the JQL via REST? if so, the call would be
https://XXX.com/rest/api/latest/search?jql=XXXXX
This will return the list of issues that matches your JQL.
Look at https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/REST/8.10.0/#api/2/search-search for more information
after /latest/ I have "/issue/BIT-1234?jql=XXXXX"
This is fine right?
No, you need to use the Search API if you are going to submit JQL. When you use the Issue API, you are generally specifying a specific issue, either by ID or Key.
You are mixing two different things. When you specify BIT-1234, you are indicating that this is the issue that you want to retrieve. When you specify JQL, you are saying "return all of the issues that match this JQL" - they are mutually exclusive things.
If you just want to retrieve the issue BIT-1234, then use
https://XXX.com/rest/api/latest/issue/BIT-1234
Don't add any JQL after it.
let's say my "project = ONE" and "status = IN PROGRESS". How do I get those fields from BIT-1234? Like what would the URL be? Would it just be
https://XXX.com/rest/api/latest/search?jql=projectXXXXANDXXXXSTATUSXXXXINXXXXPROGRESS
Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.