Followed instructions for connecting to MYSQL 5.7+ but not having any success.
What instructions are you using and what are you doing differently from them?
I used the instructions from https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver089/connecting-jira-applications-to-mysql-5-7-1005346014.html. After making the database changes recommended, the mysql service will no longer start. I then commented out the changes that were causing it to crash, but was unable to create a successful connection. I was setting all of this up in a test environment, so to make sure it wasn't me missing something, in installed mysql 5.7.10.0 and followed the instructions again. This time it worked with no issues. Are newer versions of mysql not supported, or are there alternate instructions for these newer versions?
They're supported.
If the database is not starting after you make changes to the my.cnf, then you need to debug that, not look at Jira.
I've had the same problem only last week, reading the mysql logs revealed where I'd made mistakes in the my.cnf
That is where I made the changes was on the my.ini file.
MySQL 8 is not supported.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-67359
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.