Hello community!
I recently started working with Jira. The team was restructured and the employee who was responsible for setting up JIRA quit.
That employee was able to partially set up syncing with Active Directory. Jira gets username, password, e-mail and full name from the directory. We also sync the Jira user directory with the Confluence system. There is a need to pull data such as phone number, position, and organization from AD.
In this regard, I have two questions.
1) How can I set up synchronization of the JIRA user directory with the Active Directory in order to get information about an employee (phone number, position, organization, and if possible even pull up the profile photo)?
2) Where is the user information stored in the JIRA database? I mean the position, the phone number, the organization where he works. If I can't sync with AD, I'd like to try to put this information in the database
Maybe someone has already faced a similar problem. I would be grateful for any information
P.S. I Noticed that Confluence has the fields listed above in the user profile. But I can't edit them, because it syncs with the Jira user rating and my account belongs to this directory.