I am using an 'Apply Filter on field' action in a Confiform Rule for Field Definition Macro.
I am attempting to filter results of a database multi-select field with filter results from another database multi-select. In the multi-select that is being filtered I get No Results Found.
Question : Is it possible to filter down a multi-select with results from another multi-select in Confiforms ?
Here is the first Database select that is populating my first database multi-select called recoveryFunction
First Select Query ( recoveryFunction database Multi-Select )
SELECT [InventoryItem_FunctionName] as functionid, [InventoryItem_FunctionName] as functionname, [InventoryItem_ProductCodeDescription] as productname FROM [GAM].[dbo].[AllData] WITH(NOLOCK) WHERE [InventoryItem_ServiceLevelName] = 'Production' AND [Configurations_DisasterRecoveryLocationName] = 'OD2 - 2nd Omaha Data Center' AND ([Configurations_DisasterRecoveryLevelName] = 'MARC_1' OR [Configurations_DisasterRecoveryLevelName] = 'MARC_2') ORDER BY [InventoryItem_FunctionName] ASC
Here is the second Database select that is populating my second database multi-select called hostNames
Second Select Query ( hostNames database Multi-Select )
SELECT [Hosts_HostName] as hostid, [Hosts_HostName] as hostname, [InventoryItem_ProductCodeDescription] as productname, [InventoryItem_FunctionName] as functionname FROM [GAM].[dbo].[AllData] WITH(NOLOCK) WHERE [InventoryItem_ServiceLevelName] = 'Production' AND [Configurations_DisasterRecoveryLocationName] = 'OD2 - 2nd Omaha Data Center' AND ([Configurations_DisasterRecoveryLevelName] = 'MARC_1' OR [Configurations_DisasterRecoveryLevelName] = 'MARC_2')
Here is the Confiform Rule for Field Definition Macro defintion that I have defined for field hostNames
Rule to Filter
- Field Name : recoveryFunction
- Condition : !recoveryFunction:[empty]
- Execute only on user Action : Checked
- Action to Execute : Apply Filter on a field
- Action Field Name : hostNames
- Filter to Apply on a field : functionname:[entry.recoveryFunction.functionname]
Both of the database multi-select fields have a field titled functionname