Hi,
I have installed JIRA locally and integrated it with postgres database.
Everything is working fine its just that when I am trying to access JIRA via BASE URL that I have configured it is not working.
My BASE URL is in the form http://jira.abcdef
However, when I am accessing JIRA using IP, it is working fine like: http://<machine IP>:8080/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Please help!
Hi Abhinav
Please check on your DNS configuration whether is resolving the JIRA machine ip address properly to the hostname itself and also any potential Proxy configuration from your side.
Hi Daryl,
Can you please elaborate a bit?
Do you mean should I check my Windows host file and ensure that localhost is mapped to 'jira.abcdef'?
Thanks. But that might resolve access issues locally.
How will it enable other users accessing JIRA from their individual machines? I dont want to go into each machine and map IP to 'jira.abcdef' on host file for each individual.
Yes. You may check on that if you are running on a windows machine
You need to do this mapping in your DNS server on your network to avoid doing each local machine.
This is purely a networking issue, you'll need to talk to your network administrators about getting the DNS name set up.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.