I am using Jira DataBase version and have two projects one has a text box fields and the other a drop down. When ever a ticket is created with some text in the text box in one project it should update the drop down in the other project. Please advise how this can be done using automation rules.
Hi @Joe
Not exactly sure what you are trying to accomplish here, but when you say "update the drop down" what do you mean? Are you trying to add more options in the dropdown or trying to set an existing value and why?
Hi Mathis,
I appreciate your reply. I have a text box field for example acceptance criteria. Once I fill this field. I need it to populate to a drop down text field in another project. I was recommended to use automation and have successfully cloned the issue from project to project but cannot get the text box entry update on the other project with the drop down field.
It should be possible, but I can't see how, using Automation. It could most likely be done using Scriptrunner, but I need to make sure that I understand the specific kind of field you are using as there is no such thing as a "drop down text field". It's either a text field or a drop down (Select List(single choice) or Select Llist(multiple choice)). Also are these field custom or system fields?
Thank you for responding. The text field is a drop down select list (multiple choice). This is a custom field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.