At Marketo, we pay close attention to the highest rated ideas and review them on a weekly basis. There are lots of tools out there to do voting.
I can't find one for Atlassian, specifically confluence. Either I am blind or it doesn't exist.
Why is this?
Update for clarity:
Im asking about having a traditionally, modern, ideas site. Examples:
They all have the same structure. I am asking why Atlassian doesn't have this.
These kinds of sites are MUCH more friendly to users. They encourage WAY more participation. They have been studied and proven to work. Atlassian doesn't care. They want to keep it simple for engineering. I am OK with accepting that answer, even though I wish it weren't so.
They don't have a traditional ideas section because they optimize for engineering at Atlassian. They would prefer that all ideas come in the form of tickets so they have no work to do to transform the idea into a ticket. It's not good UX for customers, but it's convenient for engineering.
You can submit new feature or suggestion as an idea for any Atlassian product at https://jira.atlassian.com for the product you want.
image2014-9-19 10:38:51.png
As a UX expert I have to say, this is really not a good UI for this. There are scores of "idea" UIs. This one is the worst.
I have seen worse
Hi, as Mehmet described you can create feature request or suggestions in Atlassian's Jira. The votes and the comments makes a request important I guess.
That's like saying, "Hitler isn't so bad. Have you seen Mao?? He really sucks!"
Hi Glen, All I am saying is: 1. There is a place Atlassian provides where you can raise an issue and make a suggestion 2. You can even make a suggestion for a better UI as you are an expert 3. I like JIRA UI myself and agree with Nic as where it needs to end up from that perspective It is all about collaboration to make things better. That is what I meant about I have seen worse, but there is always a way to make things better, too.
There's a long but really interesting post by Bryan Rollins (now the head of the Jira group of systems at Atlassian) on how Atlassian use the activity and votes in Jira to help them prioritise the queues. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/110373/how-does-the-jira-team-use-jira-atlassian-com Some details have moved on, but it's basically the same principle now. I spoke to a couple of the Jira developers last week, and from their point of view, the more they can do in one place, the better. That principle is driving a lot of the direction Atlassian is taking with several products at the moment. If you go stick your new features in another system, it's going to fail unless it's tightly integrated and avoids duplication somehow. Feature requests are best kept in the issue tracker...
And, of course, UI improvements are welcomed. But check the prototype look and feel for Jira first...
I saw an "ideation" blueprint on the marketplace yesterday that seems to provide a template and macros for this.
Seems fine for most customers to me - I've worked in several places that take ideas from customers and most of them are perfectly fine with putting stuff into the issue tracker. Julia has a good point about Confluence too - I've seen that used to expand on ideas when they're long or detailed.
And as Glen states - this probably discourages customers from actually getting involved. You won't see that because discouraged customers don't write in to say "I'm discouraged because of X", they just stop communicating. Only the bloody-minded jump through the hoops to come and tell the company "you're blocking lots of us by doing X". And then they look like a small minority and can be easily ignored!
Exactly, from their point of view. Pity the customers have a *different* point of view! How inconvenient!
You guys have a much worse idea of Atlassian than I do, certainly! I just thought they were, you know, using the very tool they sold. Maybe you could put in a feature suggestion to improve their feature suggestions.
Ok, how can we bump up these two?
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16262https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16263
I created two tickets because this is affecting both options available in selection: JIRA Software (Code) and JIRA Service Desk but now see they're under same 'JSWSERVER' project... was a bit confusing but now know both options end up in the same place.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.