I tried to change the status of a service desk issue using issue transition API POST /rest/servicedeskapi/request/{issueIdOrKey}/transitionI referred the REST API documentation for service desk https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/4.9.1/#servicedeskapi/request/{issueIdOrKey}/transition-performCustomerTransition but showing me an error{"errorMessage": "You can not make this transition","i18nErrorMessage": {"i18nKey": "sd.customer.transition.error.transition.unavailable","parameters": []}}the user performed this action can do the same through UI
Hi @Akhila K Saju
Most likely the user you are using don't have permission to transition the issue in its current state or you are using a wrong transitionId.
User has permission. The same user can do the same through UI.Where can I find the transition id?I took the transition id from the edit workflow option (as text format)
From the screenshot you have provided, you should be able to transition the issue from Open -> Assigned to tester using id 11.
Can you paste you code?
Hello,
Any solution ? I got exactly the same error.
I don"t understand as i follow the documentation.
Best Regards,
I hit this, but it worked for me once I edited the workflow to make the transition available in the Customer Portal by following the answer at https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-allow-Service-Desk-Customer-to-transition-status-via-the/qaq-p/1381927.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.