Hi All,
In the change History i see "Anonymous made changes" what could be the root cause behind this?Please help me to debug this issue.
Jira has a login process. Then also why this kind of error?
Thanks
Because you've allowed the group "anyone" access somewhere. To do this, "anyone" must have "browse" permissions in the permissions scheme, in order to see the issue(s) that they've changed, but also either
1) Edit/update permissions in the permission scheme, or
2) You have a workflow that does not have any "conditions" on transtitions
What change did they make? Look specifically for status changes - if that's the case, then you are missing conditions on your workflow. If they were other types of update (edit, comment, etc), then it's your permission scheme.
Hi Nic,
Thanks for your response. Il check the above points specified.
Changes they have made is
1. Linked one issue to another(clone)
2. Updated a Text field
Ok, that kind of rules out the transitions (although I'd suggest checking them anyway).
You must have allowed your users access via the permission scheme, so check that for using the group called "anyone"
Another thought though - have you deleted any users? I never do that, so I'm not 100% sure if it would start saying "anonymous did X" instead of "-login id of deleted user- did X", but it's worth ruling out. (Someone here might be able to tell you how deleted users affect the history, I can't remember how it handles)
I checked the permission scheme and we are not using the Group called "anyone". And also we have not deleted any users.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.