When transitioning from 'on hold' status to any other status, the 'on hold reason' should automatically change to 'not on hold'
@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ @John Funk
can anyone please help me to resolve this
You will need an app to provide a post-function that can update your custom field.
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- thanks for your reply could you please let me know which app I need and it is paid or free and what would be the process
I'd use Scriptrunner (paid) but that's because I work for the vendor and have it available on almost all the systems I work with.
There are alternatives, but I'm not actually too familiar with them, as I just use SR. The Jira Toolkit, Automation and Jira Suite Utilities may be worth a look, Jira Misc Workflow Extensions and Power Scripts can definitely do it. I'm sure there are others in the marketplace, and it's not painful to write your own (heck even I wrote a plugin to give a post-function for "change custom field" before I Scriptrunner existed)
@abbas baman ^ ScriptRunner would be a good option. If you weren't as comfortable with scripting then Automation for Jira is an alternative:
Full paid version here
Free version here (I believe you get 300 free rule executions per month so this may be enough)
You can set a trigger (e.g. Issue transitioned from A to B, leaving B blank to match all statuses) and an action (Update a custom field on an issue to match your criteria). You would also need to set up a second rule to clear this value on transitions in the opposite direction
Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ once again thanks for coming up with useful information I have installed free version could you please help me to show steps how I can achieve this because as I am new to jira
Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ Could you please help me to show the steps I have installed automation for Jira
@abbas baman
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.