I have utilized the Jira Issue/Filter macro in Confluence and it is incredibly useful. However, I would like to be able to populate a few of the parameters within the JQL string dynamically, preferably using a combo box. While I know that I could create individual filters for each combination, this does not scale well, especially for multiple options.
In the problem I'm addressing, I'm querying based upon assignee and a couple custom fields. In the combo box, I'd like to have the people's actual full name, such as John Smith, but then when the option is picked, insert their username, such as jsmith. I also have a statement month and year that I need to similarly translate. I would like the user to select a month and year, say June in one combo box and 2020 in another, and then translate that to a corresponding date range tied to a custom field in JQL (AND "Purchased Date" > 2020-5-23 AND "Purchased Date" <= 2020-6-22).
I saw the following link, but it requires Scaffolding and Reporting, both of which are expensive: https://docs.servicerocket.com/reporting/user-guides/recipes/miscellaneous/injecting-parameters-into-the-jira-issues-macro
I also saw the Run macro (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/RUN/overview), but didn't see how to tie that into Jira. I found a few similar items, but again, I want to use the values from the combo boxes to inform the JQL string to use in the Jira Issue/Filter macro.
This also seems to limit options such as Easy Dropdown (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216797/easy-dropdown-menu-drop-down-selection?hosting=server&tab=overview). The dropdown options are great, but I don't know how I could then tie the selections into the Jira Issue/Filter macro.
I suspect that I would need to write my own plugin to achieve the desired functionality, but could be missing something obvious. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.