Hi,
I have a beginner license for confluence. I have a very old laptop, which after upgrade as 8GB ram and a SSD. There is nobody other than me expected to use this instance. Extremely rarely I might give access to instance to a couple of people for working on it remotely. For various reasons (such as frequent travel to places without internet, change in location, data security, lack of people in organization with the required expertise) this instance cannot be hosted on cloud or even on any local server.
I would like to know how I can optimize this instance to run smoothly on my laptop.
Please see this screenshot. You can very easily make out that I cannot run anything when confluence is running.

Changes that I have made
1. Reduced the Xms and Xmx JVM settings
rem set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:+UseG1GC %CATALINA_OPTS%
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m -XX:+UseG1GC %CATALINA_OPTS%``
2. Disabled antivirus on the confluence installation folder, postgres database folder and confluence data folder.
3. Disabled automated backups completely (intend to do manually) to save hard-disk space.
4. I can also disable synchrony if that helps, will it help?
5. Should I try a different JVM like GRAALVM of JDK13, will that help?
Please advice thank you.