Simple background....
Due to heat issues we (me) is recovering a bitbucket server back to operations on some new metal. I guess some servers just don't like 120 degree temp spike when the room a/c failed. The backup local NAS went south for the winter taking all of the current data with it.
The last off site backup was 30 days old. I did have a fresh backup (git clone) of the project a few hours before the server got toasted.
I obtained access to a new VM, installed the same version of bitbucket, moved the data directory back over the fresh install. The system came up, showed all the projects as valid but 30 days out of sync.
I patched up the OS, bitbucket (7.2), and git to current.
Now to stuff (update) bitbucket with my git clones that I managed to capture right before all the fun happened.
My goal would like to keep all the branches, etc intact so history is preserved based off that git clone of the project.
right now I am thinking git push origin master might do the trick for normal git, might have to mess with pull requests?