Currently we have Jira Service desk (v4.8.0) and Jira Software (v8.8.0) running on our on prem server.
Both are for internal use only and not for external use. There is an issue where Internet browsers such as IE or Chrome think this is a HTTPS site, redirects the user and then because it isn't a SSL protected site the page is inaccessible and the only fix has been to clear the browsing history from the users machine. I have also managed to run the "config.bat" file and confirmed that it is only to use HTTP traffic, I spotted there was an option to force HTTP traffic to HTTPS but that wasn't enabled annoyingly.
To get around this issue and to protect our site, I want to use our pre purchased Wildcard SSL certificate, but I cannot find any simple way enforcing SSL and applying the certificate.
As I don't want to affect live services I have setup a VM and installed JIRA as a practice environment to test first.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how I can use our Wildcard SSL cert? I was hoping I could do this within IIS but looks like it uses Tom Cat which I am not familiar with.