I have a JIRA project with a permissions scheme with the following access details:
- Any JIRA user can create an issue in this project
- Only a small subset of users can work on the issues (e.g. assign, edit, comment, resolve, close, etc.)
For this project I don't want any user to be able to see any issue as occasionally the issues contain sensitive information. This information should only be viewed by the reporter (could be anyone with a JIRA account) and the small subset of users who have privileges to work on issues in this project.
Where I'm having trouble is allowing the reporters to be able to view the issues they create. The issues are created successfully for any JIRA user as the reporter, but then they can't view their issues since they are not a part of the allowed user group to browse or work on issues.
In looking at the available permissions scheme choices, I don't see a way to allow reporters of issues to only view issues they create - it appears to be an all or nothing scheme for the Browse option.
Am I missing something here?
Appreciate your help pointing me in the right direction, or telling me this can't me done.
Thank you.