Hi
I did everything in this article to try to enable SSL in my jira server installation:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/proxying-atlassian-server-applications-with-apache-http-server-mod_proxy_http-806032611.html
I want the jira to be accessible with URL suporte.mydomain.com, so apache configuration looks like:
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName suporte.mydomain.com
Redirect Permanent / https://suporte.mydomain.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:443>
ServerName suporte.mydomain.com
ProxyRequests Off
ProxyVia Off
<Proxy *>
Require all granted
</Proxy>
SSLProxyEngine on
<Location />
ProxyPass https://suporte.mydomain.com
ProxyPassReverse https://suporte.mydomain.com:8080
</Location>
SSLEngine ON
SSLCertificateFile mysslpath/cert.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile mtsslpath/privkey.pem
SSLCertificateChainFile mysslpat/chain.pem
</VirtualHost>
In server.xml I commented the default connector and uncommented the HTTPS proxy connector, so it looks like:
<Connector port="8080" relaxedPathChars="[]|" relaxedQueryChars="[]|{}^\`"<>"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" connectionTimeout="20000" enableLookups="false"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" protocol="HTTP/1.1" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100" disableUploadTimeout="true" bindOnInit="false" secure="true" scheme="https"
proxyName="suporte.mydomain.com" proxyPort="443"/>
I restarted htttp and jira services, but when I try to access suporte.mydomain.com, I got the following error with 502 HTTP code.
Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.
Reason: Error reading from remote server
If I access http://suporte.mydomain.com:8080 jira opens as usual, with some login/sesison issues (users are logged out immediatly after logging in).
What am I doing wrong?