My team is just getting started with incidents and are currently creating/managing incidents manually. We are mostly wanting them for post-incident analysis and reporting for now. The problem is that the first 10+ minutes are spent investigating/managing the issue and we may not create the incident until after it is resolved as part of the postmortem process. When we do this, we encounter the following issues:
1) The post-incident analysis report duration/time to respond/time to resolve is based on when the incident was created/acked/closed. While the impact start/end/detect seem to be modifiable on the incident page, it doesn't seem to use these as I would expect in the analysis. We would like to use these reports to track detection delay, time to mitigation, time to resolution, etc.
2) When I associate alerts to the incident, only the time they were associated is shown in the incident timeline, not the time the alert occurred, which is what I want.
3) The timeline does not show the modified incident impact begin/end, detection time, etc.
4) When I create the incident manually, I immediately get paged for it and have to ack it. I know I created an incident, I don't need the oncall to be paged about it when it's manually created.
Any ideas for overcoming these issues? Or helpful pointers for setting up our incident management in general? I'm not new to oncall/incident management, just Opsgenie.