Hi,
I have a Confluence server which was set up originally to authenticate via Jira. However, it seems that all the admin account password was lost and the connection to Jira also lost. I've been given the task of trying to recover this mess. I've followed the instructions in this page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf59/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-792499440.html#RestorePasswordsToRecoverAdminUserRights-nolocal
This has enabled me to assign the 'admin' account to the confluence-administrators and confluence-users groups, but when I log in I don't have any access to any spaces, nor can I manage any part of Confluence at all (there's no top 'gear' menu). I've checked in the postgresql database and the admin user is definitely part of the correct administrators and users groups. I can log in, but I just don't have visibility of any space or any part of the management tools.
I already had a confluence-users and confluence-administrators groups with ids which didn't match 888888 and 999999, so I simply amended the sql commands to account for this. I checked the admin account's privileges by running the following:
select u.id, u.user_name, u.active from cwd_user u
join cwd_membership m on u.id=m.child_user_id join cwd_group g on m.parent_id=g.id join cwd_directory d on d.id=g.directory_id
where g.group_name = 'confluence-administrators' and d.directory_name='Confluence Internal Directory';
This confirmed that 'admin' was an administrator. Yet when I log in, I have minimal permissions and can't see any spaces or have any access to the administrative tools.
If anyone has any ideas how I can amend the system settings via either postgresql or the unerlying server config files so the admin user can actually administrate, that would be hugely helpful. I'm running Confluence 9 on a Linux system locally, with the postgresql instance also running on the same box. Thanks.