All of our users, including admins, are unable to log into Confluence, they are getting an error on the login page saying:
- Sorry, an error occurred trying to log you in. Please try again.
This install has been up and working for a few months. Users are managed by JIRA. Everything was working last night. The server has not been rebooted. No IP addresses or port numbers have changed. The hardware is a 40 core Xeon server with SSD RAID and 128GB of RAM. CPU load rarely goes over 10% so I don't think it is a hardware resource issue. All users are able to login to JIRA without problems. All of the SSL certificates are good. The log for confluence is showing this error:
authenticateUser Directory 'Remote JIRA Directory' is not functional during authentication of 'username_here'
I tested the crowd authentication, I get a login prompt from my browser but I am unable to login to:
jiraserverurl.mycompany.com/rest/usermanagement/1/search?entity-type=user&start-index=0&max-results=1&expand=user
Any tips on how to troubleshoot this? All of the solutions I am finding there is at least admin access to the Confluence web UI.